Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tractor Cake Pan Repurposed


Our friend’s son turned four years old yesterday.  When we were invited to the party I asked what we could bring.  The answer: a veggie tray. "And", her husband added, “make it blog worthy.”  I laughed and had no intention of making it blog worthy, until I went to assemble the tray.  My beloved plastic dollar store veggie and dip platter has been MIA since our last youth group potluck and so I had to think of what else I could use to transport it.  Then I thought, he loves tractors… maybe I could arrange the veggies into a tractor shape?  That's when it hit me, I had a tractor shaped cake pan used from my boys first birthdays!  So, I dug it out of storage and got to work.  It was a big hit.  The next time you are asked to bring a veggie tray, consider the shaped cake pan, formally thought of as a uni-tasker. 

Empty cake pan awaiting a new life!

A little creamcheese served as cement to level out the
surface for the container of dip and keep it from sliding


Another alternative would be to hollow out a
bell pepper and use it to contain the dip!


Small black olives make the wheels.


Roughly cut the veggie sticks to fit the space.


Colorful finished product

Dill Dip:
2 1/2 tsp dill weed
2 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
2 1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp beau monde seasoning
Mix dry ingeredients with 1 cup mayonaise and 1 cup sour cream.
Veggies: baby carrots, celery, small white mushrooms, small black olives (1 1/2 cans), red and orange bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and cucumber.
cream cheese to hold dip container in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment